mardi 13 janvier 2009

monday plus tuesday equals wednesday

so it's almost wed. it's slowed down a bit, made bit of a rhythm but i've been told to not feel like my life is ruined if i have a slow day, it happens even in foreign countries. i understand that so, je m'en bats les couilles (that is my new favorite french phrase and it translates to "i don't give a s***" though it literally means I hit my balls. isn't that great? hahahaha

anyway, monday i went to intro to french culture and civilization, aka old women answering questions about france. mildly interesting except i was falling asleep. at night i had french class for 3 hours. I think I am learning my limits of focus. I do not like sitting in one place for 3 hours. it hurts my soul. i try to pay attention, but i just end up thinking about other stuff in english...

the night got more interesting about oh, say, 11 pm. when nottre vosines (neighbors) game over for a little game we call Poker. we played texas hold em for about 3 hours and drank whiskey and it was loads of fun. at first i had to reminded of the rules and i was simply losing money for a few rounds. but i started to work my magic early on, proclaiming immense victory when i had simply nothing going for me. that's how you do it, bye the way. most people you just have to mix them up early own. be confident as you are losing, pretend to be losing when you think you are going to when. then do some random stuff in the middle. just don't align your emotions with your cards, that way they can't judge what you have. everyone was very easy to read when they had something good. it was funny because max would always get serious but also funny when we was doing well, and Muya would get quiet. the other guy didn't really care, so he often bluffed, but then I just only went against him when i had something really good.

the most fun in poker is when you know you are going to win, but you have to convince the other guy they have a chance so they will spend more money. you pretend to be unsure or hesitant, but really you are just acting. of course when i won, everyone was like "you just got lucky". i would say i didn't just get lucky, i used my luck well. haha.

anyway, i won like every big hand from there on out and the neighbors loved me.

after the game we were a little intoxicated... Muya is a painter and he has many portraits and we started enacting seens of famous people meeting by using the paintings as masks. aren't we cool? I was zidane (see profile picture) And I also met Obama in the living room (see facebook pictures). By the way if you actually go to facebook to see these pictures, you are probably a little too into this blog and should get help.
---

so yes, the long of the short is, i get drunk on mondays here. why, because i like to play poker with frenchmen...
----

i don't remember important happening on tuesday. it doesn't mean nothing important happened, just nothing i remember. I think the most interesting thing was that I went running at night and froze to death. While I am here I walk very quickly. many of you may know be to be a slow walker, but here I walk as if something is nipping at my ass, and quite literally the cold is nipping at my ass. and other parts of me as well. And boy to my feet hurt. walking so much and running, my only form of transportation. my ass is going to get real tight!
---
wed. i brought some international students over to watch a french movie called Brice de NIce. It is about the funniest dumbest thing i've ever seen. sometimes you think the producers must have had in mind that they would appeal mainly to pot heads. this movie if full of bright colors, strange dance sequences, silly one liners, and no plot. the main character is a surfer in the city of nice that has no waves. but he lives the surf life and is ultra cool. Is closet is like Dougs, as in it has only one outfit 20 times in it. He "chops" people down with insults and then moves is arm like a long diagonal chop and says "cassé" which is like "hit" but i think it is used like chop. anyway me and the others who watched can't really stop saying it.

here is an old preview from the moive on you tube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UZiwtxKZg8&feature=related

.....

anyway, french class is going well, they gave us a ton of good material. verbs and such. apparently there are like several hundred verbs or something. i don't french is weird. it is like drunk spanish. hahahahha.

----
so i've been thinking a lot, i know it's not a good idea, but i've come across a few little things.

so here are some habits i've picked up in france

1)speaking in french on a daily basis (obviously)
2)being prepared to wait inordinate amounts of time for any service, or to buy anything
3) walking everywhere (i haven't done anything but walk for 2 weeks but 2 times when i had to take a train and in a car)
4) I eat Nutella every 4 hours.
5) I eat bread every 4 hours
6) I eat yogurt every 4 hours.
7) I am on the computer like 4 hours a day, writing in this goddamn blog and talking to people who pretend to love me. just kidding.
8) I don't speak for the majority of everyday.
9) I am okay with being in 25 degree whether
10) I wear multiple layers of pants always
.....

anyway as far as intelligent thoughts... well i have some good ones but they will have to wait until later. be warned ye or little intellect. The entry will probably be more "thoughts" than actual "facts" .

So guess what I can say now and really mean it . "pardon my french" because it sucks so bad.

au revoir mes amis. nous parlerons demain.

love to my family,
love to saji and nick and dennis
ultra love to jessica.
and most importantly
love to my self.

2 commentaires:

  1. I like your list of habits. It's weird to think about how we spend the majority of our day not talking... and the funny thing is, even when we are having conversations with other people, we are online maybe so we are still not talking. Sometimes I wonder if I didn't have internet if I would be more productive here or less... I like to lean towards less, because then I don't feel so guilty :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Hmmm...maybe we should play a little poker together when you get back. Hee!

    RépondreSupprimer