lundi 5 janvier 2009

Off to a Nickish start

so today I was supposed to go to the university, that was about I'll I knew. I didn't really know when or why, I just knew to go and find something. I wanted to go at 10am, I think to day was orientation day or something, I really haven't read the emails that they sent me. So I wanted to get at 10am, but I left my headphones plugged into my computer in order to prevent myself from being too much of a type "a" personality. In other words, I subconsciously decided I would rather wake up at 2pm instead of 10am, and therefore I decided without me knowing to leave my headphones in so I wouldn't go that early. Well yay for me, it worked wonderfully.

I got to the university at about 2:30. It is one city block and kind of old-ish looking. But there is a really fancy McDonalds in once corner of it. It looks like a fancy want to be Varsity poking out the side corner. I remembered from the map online what side of the school was the office I was supposed to go to. Well I thought I remembered. I asked about in the general area and was told to wait for 2 hours until the lady I needed returned. I knew that the other woman probably didn't care about or understand what I was asking her and my waiting was probably not the best course of action, I also knew that I was too much of a coward to bother this woman again. So I wondered around like an idiot and eventually asked another obvious. either the French are all jerks or my french is okay because they always talk to me like I know what they are saying. I'm convinced the whole country as decided to play a joke on me. I have taken on a tactical strategy of asking people to write as much down as I can convince them to. A name, an office, perhaps even stepwise instructions. A name is usually the best I got and the first name I got lead me back where I started, waiting.

While waiting I met my first OLIS (other lost international student). Zoharra from Switzerland. Blonde and annoyed she waited patiently. Eventually she asked me in her own mumled french what was going on. One victory I have is that no one identifies me as an American. I suppose here I could take on an identity from some other country. Spain or Australian or perhaps I could pull off Russian. That would be funny. Anyway I asked her questions until i was more bored talking to her than I was waiting. It switched off. I got her story. Eventually Madame Tabaret returned only to shove a s**** of papers at me and point and jabber off about "you missed the meeting" and she used the word "grave" a lot which as you might guess, means serious in english. I guess I didn't do well. Anyway, eventually I was instructed to go see another very busy french woman who liked to speak quickly. But she was much better because she actually knew who I was and what I was suppsoed to be doing. There I met my local brazilian, australian, american, hungarian, and what have you. I still have a great distaste for the majority of brazilian girls I meet abroad. this one seems pretty cool but still had what we call a "tude". whatever. I don't care. That's the best part, no matter how charming or attractive any girl is here, I'm really not interested, so I feel no qualms being as mean to them as they are to me. It's my new favorite hobby. Being mean to rude girls. I think a few of my UGA friends took up this hobby long ago and I have just come to appreciate this semester.

Anyway, I got some stuff straightened out (i think). Long story short I have some paper work to attempt and some money to pay. But my plans are thus

Mondays I attend AIESEC meetings with the local LC or I go to my roommates breakdancing
THe other days of the week I will be playing piano ( i found that I can signup to use one), playing soccer, boxing, or doing judo. I haven't decided whether the language barrier will impair me from learning these things, but I imagine I can fumble through it.
Friday and weekend I will either be traveling or partying hopefully, or someone will be visiting me. THis Sat Moya has a secret santa party, but I am supposed to gift him and vice versa this time.
Sunday I think I am practicing french with an AIESEC member and the other non-frenchies.

so along with class and sleeping and wasting time I'll be pretty busy.

My trips and visits amount to this so far,
I will go see Saji about 1 a month. Is birthday for sure, and again late February. I am trying to convince Merje as well as Rachel to come there that time in Feb. Jessica should come during her spring break for several days, and I will ignore classes as much as possible.
In Feb hopefully Saji will come here once.
I will probably go to Paris to see Melanie Weniger one time, most likely in March when I can speak French better, and Jessica is here again in very late March/April.
I am also in the works of convincing Rami to come some time as well.
And Rachel is coming here maybe.

So every other week should have something interesting happy until the end when I will be finishing class and whatnot.

meanwhile I am struggling to sleep well and establish whatever.

Back by popular demand of many a young man in UGA I dedicate these next lines to Jessica,

Baby you are my love and I love you. No love loves you like I love you, and our love loves lovers like us. please love my love and I'll love you my love, until we have loved our love into truer love. I love you and your love. Love, nick.

beyond this I wanted to tell you how sweet and cuddly you are and how I dream of holding you again, and anyone who doesn't like reading about that can shove it. ( I waited several years to date her and even if i'm not in the country I'm going to stuff myself with warm loving mush until I can take mush no more. )

and yes I know you kissed my girlfriend, but I also hate you so it doesn't matter.
and yes I know about you too, but I also don't care because I am better looking anyway. don't hate ya'll just cause ya'll jealous

anyway, tomorrow I have to do some stuff so I can learn some stuff. I hope it goes well. I'm tired and I'm going to go back to watching x-men in french and making up new lines to replace the ones that I don't understand.

PEACE.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire