dimanche 18 janvier 2009

Nothing to report sir

Sooo lately has gotten into a rhythm, but maybe not one I would like to continue. I mean so far i've inpregnated three women and been arrested twice and accidentally hit two dogs.

JUST KIDDING.

i haven't don't most of those things..

JUST KIDDING

I haven't done any of those things...

No really the things i have been doing have been a lot more acceptable and not so frightening.

On thursday I finally bought civil liability insurance so now if i accidently break someone's nose i don't have to pay them anything. It is for sports...

this allowed me to finally acquire my student card, which is essentially key to being a real person on campus.
though as an international student, i probably won't take advantage of all the amazing perks.

now i use the internet of course, and rent books, and i can access the sports arenas and gyms, which is excellent. now i can maintain my amazing bod. or at least my amazing ego

thursday night i went running, or at least tried, i had just eaten and it usually isn't a problem.. i don't know why it was this time, bad luck suppose. anyway, i ran like only 20 minutes or so, then got ready to go to the international student party mixer. it was a 30 minute walk. when i got there this 7 foot tall guy was at the door and would let me in, nor did he really try to explain why i couldn't go in. i had a ticket. i think i twas because there were too many people. i wasn't in the mood to argue and waiting usually solves most problems (at least minor ones) so I did. eventually i realized i could go in, but i needed to be more proactive about showing him my ticket. anyway, blackenstein let me by. but much to my dismay, the party was not as impressive as the doorman. I walked in to find a lots of loud music, and sexy international youths consuming large amounts of alcohol and partaking in a ritualistic commonly known as "grinding".

Anyway, I had maybe 2 drinks and tried to find some non-highly intoxicated people to talk to. It was hard but i persevered for about an hour and a half. I enjoyed seeing people, but I was not too interested in 6 euro drinks and girls who aren't named jessica ruth caldas. i decided to go home early so I could stay up way too late by myself rather than with everyone else.

on the way home i saw a dead man being scooped up out the street by an ambulance. I think it was a motorcycle crash, for some reason this has happened to me before, but always late at night. I suppose it is a warning. but i still believe that you can be extremely safe on a motorcycle with the right training and attitude. actually statistically riding between 3 and 6 am is the safest time and least chance of accidents, unless you are drunk of course.

anyway, strangely enough, this site did not bother me as much as the drunk girls in the bar who seemed liked they probably weren't going to make good decisions that night. i suppose I have come used to people having a limited time on this planet, but I am not comfortable with people's confusion when it comes to love and relationships. or maybe it is simply because I know the girls and i didn't know the dude. I'm sure if it were reverse it would have been a lot more painful.

----

Friday

I went to school and I don't remember anything special. At night there was a party at my neighbors house. They are hip hopsters and skater punks. There were musicians and DJs and druggies, and some really nice people to.

I had to speak a lot of french and as usual, the drunker the french people were, the more eager there were to interact with me. thank god for that. I think without alcohol no foreigner would ever be accepted...

I really enjoyed hanging out with Max and some of his friends. it is always fun to try to speak french with people who are patient. the best part of the night is a cultural note. The french dudes like to dance around like cowboy s and say something that sounds like "Wannigan, hana, frannagan" it is there impersonation of english, despite the fact that they mostly speak english. It is like the equivalent when an American pretends to be French and laughs that nasally big laugh "HOUGH HOUGH HOUGH". completely ridiculous and inaccurate, but funny to watch.

I left that party early as well.

Saturday we went to Jason's one room party. there are like 30 of us in this one little dorm room with a bed a table. it is ridiculous. I went with Raouf and Jamie and her friend. by the way Raouf showed me the most ingenious piece of soccer comedy i have ever seen. His friend ducks below the camera and tosses a soccer ball up and down meanwhile Raouf dances about, pretending to be the source of the balls movement. He at one points does a push up and it appears that the ball bounces off his butt. not impossible, but it was too flippantly done to actually be him, and the ball moves in a delayed rhythm with his movements. it's great, true work of genius.

Today i stayed in my room almost all day. it was wonderful. just chatted with jess and watched movies, cleaned up and ate a lot. I managed to not go grocery shopping, which is financially awesome, but i missed one minor detail, i have nothing to eat tomorrow. i shouldn't be so obsessed with only shopping one mondays.

Also, i learned a lot about museums today, a lot are free or really cheap. i've found my new way to avoid social interaction!

And i decided i'm going to cover my wall in tourist brochures, they are all very cool looking, and i cannot waset money on posters, but i also hate white walls.

I am being lazy with this one, so i'm going to bed before it becomes like a Bush speech.
i'll put some photos up soon.

NICK

1 commentaire: